[Twisted-Python] farewell to twisted.news

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu May 30 13:05:59 MDT 2019

I've just approved a PR to deprecate twisted.news, which paves the way for its removal, as Hawkie brought up over a year ago: https://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2018-April/031882.html <https://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2018-April/031882.html>

As such, I've removed the success story from our website which references twisted.news:

https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/SuccessStories?action=diff&version=33 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/SuccessStories?action=diff&version=33>

If you love NNTP, and would like to help this package stick around by maintaining it, that would be great!  However, please note that at this point it's not worth discussing unless you have the actual free time to dedicate to doing the py3 port, cleaning up the test coverage, and generally keeping it updated and maintained going forward.  Any PR wanting to un-deprecate it is also going to have to get it working on py3 :-).

-glyph