[Twisted-Python] Twisted for http/2 (RESTful) webservices - client/server

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Fri May 24 08:21:33 MDT 2019

Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88 at gmail.com> writes:

> From a very quick read of the Twisted docs (and some stackoverflow
> Q&A) I get the impression that it is possible to use Flask as the
> RESTful web-service framework using HTTP/2.0 for the server-end, but
> perhaps there is no Twisted framework provided HTTP/2.0 client at
> similar level of abstraction, and one perhaps needs to use hyper-h2 at
> more nuts-n-bolts level. I hope I am completely wrong on the latter
> part.

Flask is a threaded/synchronous framework. Klein provides something
similar based on Twisted on the server-side, and treq provides something
like requests at the client side.

Depending on what you're doing, you might also be interested in
Crossbar.io and Autobahn which provide RPC and PubSub services. There is
a "REST Bridge" here to bridge from plain HTTP (including HTTP/2)
services to the WAMP protocol (which does RPC and PubSub).

--
meejah