[Twisted-Python] Python3 twistd daemon for Ubuntu 14.04 alternatives

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 10:20:16 MST 2017

On 22/02/17 12:49, Hynek Schlawack wrote:

> That’s why you should use a build server and not ship build
> environments.

Which we do.

> I don’t see how that’s tedious since a compute does that for me.
> Although I don’t see any value at wheeling them (and some packages
> cannot be wheeled); my CI builds a venv and puts it into a container.
> There’s nothing tedious about it at all.

I find the idea of running throwaway environments to generate a big blob
of tarball'd python+libs, then copying said tarball to actual
containers, a rather retrograde step by comparison with established
package/build infrastructure tools.

>> It's a real shame that binary wheels on Linux/PyPI aren't a thing.
>
> This is incorrect

Apparently so. The info JP provided was very useful.