[Twisted-Python] Waiting time for tests running on Travis CI and Buildbot

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 23 10:44:16 MDT 2016

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 4:24 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> We now have 15 concurrent jobs.... for the next 10 days.
>
> Please check if it makes a difference worth more than $6000 per year :)
>
> Also, do we need both python 3.3 and 3.4 jobs?
>
> I think that we have non python 3.5 builders to prevent the usage of
> string formatting for bytes which is not available in 3.3 and 3.4.
>
> What are the differences between 3.3 and 3.4  that requires us to have
> both versions?

We can't enumerate them.  If we support 3.3, we have to test on 3.3.  For example, there's some difference in the way the garbage collector works which made the PB tests fail on 3.3 but not 3.4; it turns out that this change was fixed by adding better test cleanup, and did not necessitate a change to the implementation, but small undocumented changes can easily require different implementation strategies.

We can drop support for 3.3 of course, but that's a separate discussion.

-glyph