[Twisted-Python] Deprecating subproject packaging

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:37:56 MDT 2015

Agreed that this is a good idea, though I'd still like to see NEWS broken
out by "subproject" (or maybe we should say "topic" now?).  I don't care
whether it's in the same file or not, but when a new Twisted release comes
out I find reviewing changes much easier if I can think about one "topic"
at a time.

Otherwise +100.  I'm annoyed every time I have to install a downstream
Twisted package and it isn't _all_ of Twisted.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> packaging subprojects separately as of 16.0 (15.2 in May, 15.3 in July,
> 15.4 in September, 15.5 in November, 16.0 in January 2016 -- so ~4 releases
> + 1 major release notice).
> the release scripts in the 16.0 release.
>
> I am ok with deprecating this ... but I hope that this will not
> discourage the effort to decouple the Twisted subprojects.
>
> I would like to see the subproject developed as independent
> projects... this should help enforcing the decoupling and would speed
> up the test suite.
>
> Right now if you make a change in twisted.positioning, buildbot will
> run all tests :(
>
> --
> Adi Roiban

Kevin Horn