[Twisted-Python] Deprecating subproject packaging

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Apr 22 07:28:22 MDT 2015

>>> So, I think we should:
>>>
>>> - Deprecate the subproject setup.pys starting with 15.2 and stop packaging subprojects separately as of 16.0 (15.2 in May, 15.3 in July, 15.4 in September, 15.5 in November, 16.0 in January 2016 -- so ~4 releases + 1 major release notice).
>>> - Remove the support code for subprojects in twisted.python._release + the release scripts in the 16.0 release.

I am ok with deprecating this ... but I hope that this will not
discourage the effort to decouple the Twisted subprojects.

I would like to see the subproject developed as independent
projects... this should help enforcing the decoupling and would speed
up the test suite.

Right now if you make a change in twisted.positioning, buildbot will
run all tests :(

--
Adi Roiban