[Twisted-Python] Some way for Trial to allow selective running of tests?

Steve Steiner (listsin) listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Thu Aug 27 17:26:04 EDT 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Phil Christensen wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Don Dwiggins wrote:
>> I've been successfully and happily using Trial for a while now for
>> development of a server.  I have many tests at this point; during
>> development of a new feature, I'd like to have a convenient way to
>> only
>> run the tests relevant to that feature.
>>
>> I'm hacking it at this point by prefixing the names of all unwanted
>> tests with "foo" to keep them from being recognized.  Naturally, I'd
>> like a better way to do this.  Any good words welcome.
>
> trial takes an argument at the command-line where you can specify a
> package or test case.
>
> for example:
>
> 	trial twisted
> 	trial twisted.test
> 	trial twisted.test.test_explorer
> 	trial twisted.test.test_explorer.TestBrowser
> 	trial twisted.test.test_explorer.TestBrowser.test_chain
>
> lets you get more and more specific.

Right, but, far as I can tell, you can only do one at a time.

I just want to run the list of ones I know are working even though
there are many more written and waiting to be pulled in and debugged
(one at a time).

IOW, I want to specify a list of tests to run out of many that match
the file pattern.