[Twisted-web] Uploading large files to a Twisted-webserver?

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Mon Apr 18 09:38:11 MDT 2005

Thomas Weholt wrote:

>I need to be able to upload large files ( 6-10MB ) to a web-server
>using Twisted. I've read somewhere that Twisted limits the size of
>uploads to 600kb to avoid hacking/crashes whatever, but I need to be
>able to upload files this big.
>Any clues or hints are welcome, but it must standard HTTP and one
>single port. The only other option I could be interested in is setting
>up a simple FTP-server running in the same process as the webserver,
>but I've never got that working using Twisted.
Web2 is what you need. It will allow streamed uploads without blocking
the reactor.
Unfortunately web2 is not released yet. But if you help them with
documentation and
some code/testing (even with Nevow) twisted.web will be dropped and web2

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.3.8
Blog: http://vvolonghi.blogspot.com