[Twisted-Python] Twisted Names strings

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Thu Jan 17 17:09:01 EST 2013

David Reid <dreid at dreid.org> wrote:

>Honestly, if you have comprehensive automated testing and plan to
>Twisted regularly or to try and support the latest release it is worth
>effort to setup testing against Twisted trunk.
>https://github.com/dreid/treq/blob/master/.travis.yml shows how I do
>with travis-ci.

In this particular case, the problem was an integration issue. All Wokkel's test cases passed (over at travis-ci), but the code setting up clients was calling SRVConnect with a value that is now being rejected. I.e. it used to happily, but erroneously, take unicode strings with ASCII compatible code points. Apart from actually using a client, no unit tests would have caught this, I believe.

That said, I fully take blame for not making time to test Wokkel against the pre-release.