[Twisted-Python] Twisted Names strings

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Thu Jan 17 18:09:02 EST 2013

On 2013-01-17 23:09, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> David Reid <dreid at dreid.org> wrote:
>
>     Honestly, if you have comprehensive automated testing and plan to
>     upgrade Twisted regularly or to try and support the latest release
>     it is worth the effort to setup testing against Twisted trunk.
>
>     https://github.com/dreid/treq/blob/master/.travis.yml shows how I do
>     this with travis-ci.

(interestingly, K-9 only sent my reply in the plain-text version:)

In this particular case, the problem was an integration issue. All
Wokkel's test cases passed (over at travis-ci), but the code setting up
clients was calling SRVConnect with a value that is now being rejected.
I.e. it used to happily, but erroneously, take unicode strings with
ASCII compatible code points. Apart from actually using a client, no
unit tests would have caught this, I believe.

That said, I fully take blame for not making time to test Wokkel against
the pre-release.

--
ralphm