[Twisted-Python] Debian package problems

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Feb 22 08:48:17 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:21:18 +0100, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>I have noted that the python-twisted package depends on python-twisted-
>Is this really true?
>For me this is a problem.
>Today I have updated a Debian Etch server and an upgrade for python-twisted-
>words requires the installation of GTK and X11!

python-twisted is a meta package which simply depends on all parts of Twisted.
If you don't want all parts of Twisted, you might want one of the other

As a separate issue, Twisted Words doesn't completely depend on GTK and X11,
only parts of it do.  You might suggest to the Debian maintainer that the
dependencies for python-twisted-words are incorrect.