[Twisted-Python] File Transfer/BitTorrent

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jul 7 08:44:04 EDT 2005

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:18:23 +0200, Thomas HERVE <therve at free.fr> wrote:

>1) Is there some people interested in BitTorrent client/server with Twisted ?

I'm sure lots of people would be interested in a bittorrent protocol implementation for Twisted :).  I know of at least 2 aborted attempts; I don't know if either ever produced any code.

>2) If not, does a draft/standard exist of good file transfer protocol, that
>could be done with Twisted ?

Personally I'm writing a different file-transfer protocol which might meet your requirements; it's called "sigma" and it's going to be based on a lower-level peer-to-peer system called Q2Q.  Watch this space:
http://divmod.org/projects/q2q
for more information in the next couple of days.