[Twisted-Python] File Transfer/BitTorrent

Thomas HERVE therve at free.fr
Thu Jul 7 16:10:47 EDT 2005

{Sorry glyph, reply-to ignored by f***** mail client]

Quoting glyph at divmod.com:
>> 1) Is there some people interested in BitTorrent client/server with
>> Twisted ?
> I'm sure lots of people would be interested in a bittorrent protocol
> implementation for Twisted :).  I know of at least 2 aborted
> attempts; I don't know if either ever produced any code.

I don't know if it's good news or not... I don't have time to make it
alone from
scratch, so any piece of code would be welcome.

>> 2) If not, does a draft/standard exist of good file transfer protocol, that
>> could be done with Twisted ?
> Personally I'm writing a different file-transfer protocol which might
> meet your requirements; it's called "sigma" and it's going to be
> based on a lower-level peer-to-peer system called Q2Q.  Watch this
> space: http://divmod.org/projects/q2q
> for more information in the next couple of days.

It seems really promising ! I really enjoyed your slides :). I had a
quick look
at q2q code and it seems pretty evolved yet. I'll try further in the
next days,
if you need help (tests ?) I'm your man.