Python 2.2 Support has been officially dropped (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Python 2.2 Support)

Thomas HERVE therve at free.fr
Tue Dec 27 08:59:00 EST 2005

Quoting Christopher Armstrong <radeex at gmail.com>:

> Wow man, where have you been? The string module has been mostly
> obsolete since (I think) 2.0, and the list comps and new style classes
> were already in Python 2.2

Well I do know that, but what's the reason why I see so many "import
string" in
the trunk ? Why I see so many classes that don't subclass object ?

I know it's a lot of work, so I was just asking if it's in the roadmap or not.

> I can't remember about optparse; all
> Twisted code uses twisted.python.usage.

Wouldn't it be better to subclass OptParse ? I have the feeling usage.Options
does nearly the same things.

--
Thomas