Python 2.2 Support has been officially dropped (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Python 2.2 Support)

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 08:23:59 EST 2005

On 12/28/05, Thomas HERVE <therve at free.fr> wrote:
> Great news ! We may finally enjoy 2.3 optimizations in Twisted : I think about
> string module, list comprehensions, optparse, new style classes... without
> introducing changes (just syntaxic/optimization changes).

Wow man, where have you been? The string module has been mostly
obsolete since (I think) 2.0, and the list comps and new style classes
were already in Python 2.2. I can't remember about optparse; all
Twisted code uses twisted.python.usage.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |