[Twisted-Python] Dynamic web application using twisted.web.resource

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Fri Aug 2 06:36:52 EDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 05:42:22PM +0800, Mukhsein Johari wrote:

[..snip..]
> How does twisted implement http? wrt the Basic/Simple/CGIHTTPServer
> modules in the python disrto. I remember there was some docs about this
> but I cannot remember where! It's not in the Twisted distro (that I could
> find anyway).

Well, it implements HTTP in twisted.protocols.http, rather than using the
synchronous implementations in the python standard library.  But, for
Twisted at least, the protocol is still a considerable step short of being a
server that knows how to do more than just parse requests.  So while the
protocol is implemented in twisted.protocols.http, the actual logic that
knows how to read files, run CGIs, and whatnot, resides in twisted.web.
Hopefully that gives you some idea of where to look to find what you need.

Unfortunately, I don't understand the Twisted Web stuff in any further
detail, and I also would quite like some nice lengthy docs to explain it to
me in small digestible pieces :)

-Andrew.