[Twisted-Python] Dynamic web application using twisted.web.resource

Mukhsein Johari arashi1 at pd.jaring.my
Fri Aug 2 05:42:22 EDT 2002

> If this is *really* the functionality that you want, again, this is far
> more similar to the traversal semantics of Zope or Quixote. Twisted has
> taken a far more explicit tack, where there is a specific api that your
> objects must implement to provide object-publishing functionality.

Well, to tell the truth, I've decided that I don't really want this Zope-like
functionality after all. What I do want to understand, though is how stuff
works. The docs are too sparse and I cannot understand how things all work
together. Specifically, I'm interested to know how to build a custom
webserver using twisted that does not serve any files at all. And does not
publish objects like zope. The build your own server with twisted doc is not
enough somehow. It'd be nice if a tutorial used http as an example.

How do you use all those classes and modules? (twisted.web.server,
twisted.internet.reactor)? The example Donovan gave (for my earlier post) did
not give me much insight into how to use these modules and classes. I just
know it's some really easy answer but...I'm still lost.

How does twisted implement http? wrt the Basic/Simple/CGIHTTPServer modules in
the python disrto. I remember there was some docs about this but I cannot
remember where! It's not in the Twisted distro (that I could find anyway).

--
Regards,
Mukhsein Johari