[Divunal-author] verbs and components

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:03:06 -0500 (CDT)

----Security_Multipart(Thu_Sep_12_03:03:06_2002_473)--

A question asked on IRC that I missed:

> <dash> glyph: think an IThing interface is ok, so's we can have actions that
> work on anything?

Well, this line from simple.py answers the question, really:

    registerAdapter(Inedible, Thing, IEatTarget)

if you register an adapter for Thing, then it's the adapter you get back 90% of
the time.  If you want an action to work on anything, the default response to
the action should be factored like this, I think.  Is there a case where you
wouldn't want it to be?

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |