[Divunal-author]Ping!

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@divunal.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:36:22 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, this list has been dead for a while!

Apologies, everyone, we have had *three messages* (count them) aside from
this one for this month.

If anyone has any comments, questions, new features, feature requests, new
areas, requests for information about areas, etcetera, PLEASE send them on
to the list!  Projects like this one thrive on activity.  Tenth and I
needed a bit of a break, but it was disheartening to see the everyone in
the entire project just stop immediately after we ceased posting
announcements to this list...

That said, I've been working on a few new areas, Divunal's moved to a new
server, and we're about ready to release Twisted Reality 1.0... one of the
big things holding us up is a lack of testers!  Of course, more people
will sign up when we release, so a GNOME-style 1.0 release might be the
only option.

The most interesting area I've been working on lately is the temple of the
archetypes.  It's a sort of combination of a civic center and a place of
worship.  Each of the archetypes has a small wing dedicated to them,
usually used for something applicable to that archetype.  Very little of
it is done so far, I've been doing sketches and trying to map out the
areas so they make some sense spatially.

Anybody who's doing an archetype representative character, I'd like to
hear your opinions on what your character's area should be like...

John's is the only one that's really set so far.  It's a room somewhat
like a christian church, where people can go to hear "sermons"
(philosophical speeches and stories) and there will be a room for
psychological counseling of some sort.

(Jedin, Maxwell, and Tenth's archetypes, representing past, present, and
future, respectively, are all in one room, at the top of the temple.
That room is used for something that will be explained later...)

Hope to hear back from y'all soon.

--glyph