[Twisted-web] Get access to Avatar from Resource object?

Jerry Westrick jerry at westrick.com
Thu Feb 23 14:09:18 EST 2012

Okay, No one asked me, so I have the right to show off my ignorance :-)

But it sounds to me like you should build something called "secureRealm",
which
which does security checks before requesting a resource from the IRealm?

Jerry

On February 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Jacek Furmankiewicz wrote:
>
> > D'oh!
> > That's what happens when you copy code from the web, sorry :-(
> >
> > So just a follow up to my other question: how do I add my child
resources?

> However you like!  I'm not sure what you're asking here; TestRealm
returns a resource object, to which you may add child resources in any
manner you see fit.  Usually this is done simply by having methods on that
object (getChild) which can synthesize appropriate child resources when
asked for them, but I wouldn't call that a "best practice" or anything;
it's just something that makes sense a lot of the time.

> > Does my TestRealm need to extend Resource? Is that the recommended
approach?

> No.  TestRealm should *return* IResource providers (when asked for them -
that's what the 'interfaces' argument is for).  It itself should just
provide IRealm, and it definitely shouldn't inherit from anything else.