[Twisted-web] help on handle... methods

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Wed Feb 10 14:33:49 EST 2010

Hi

it's of course nice to have an 'all and everything showing' IDE which
even let's your refactor things throughout whole libraries with a few
keystrokes but in Python I've never seen such a thing at work. (Please
enlighten me if there is such a tool)

On the FOSS side you'll find Eclipse with Pydev (I'm currently working
with it) on the top of my list, I certainly used SPE which is quite an
effort on its own and very useable and also little tools like PyCrust.
On the commercial side I have experience with the ill fated VisualPython
(plugin for the MS family of dev tools), Komodo through all it's
incarnations and I must confess I never worked with Wings IDE.

So for me it's definitely Eclipse with Pydev (FOSS edition) but as we
learned way back in the seventies when we had line editors and dumb
ASCII terminals: Never ever discuss sex, religion and editors!

HTH, Werner