[Twisted-web] Chatola broken / bug in Athena?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Jul 11 22:26:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:13:15 -0400, Dav Clark <dav at securme.net> wrote:
>I've looked a lot at chatola, and it's been a really good learning
>experience.  But, chatola, as shipped is broke - at least on firefox  2 on
>OS X.

Mmmhh.  Chatola doesn't use Athena. :)  The bug you're describing is
one of the major reasons for the shift away from nevow.livepage to
nevow.athena.  Unfortunately, there isn't an example as complex as
Chatola based on Athena in the examples directory, and some of the
Athena examples which are there have other problems.

So the main take-away - Chatola isn't a good example of current best
practices for pushing messages to a browser.

Jean-Paul