[Twisted-web] Chatola broken / bug in Athena?

dav at securme.net dav at securme.net
Wed Jul 11 22:40:11 EDT 2007

That's actually very useful... maybe it would be good to say something
to this effect on the Athena page?  (or maybe it already does ;)

I'll see what I can do to slap together something like chatola with
Athena.  Maybe y'all will like that more than my athena tutorial
refactoring suggestion...

Cheers,
Dav

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:26:24 -0400, "Jean-Paul Calderone"
<exarkun at divmod.com> said:

> Mmmhh.  Chatola doesn't use Athena. :)  The bug you're describing is
> one of the major reasons for the shift away from nevow.livepage to
> nevow.athena.  Unfortunately, there isn't an example as complex as
> Chatola based on Athena in the examples directory, and some of the
> Athena examples which are there have other problems.
>
> So the main take-away - Chatola isn't a good example of current best
> practices for pushing messages to a browser.
>
> Jean-Paul

Dav Clark
www.eCult.org
917-544-8408