[Twisted-web] Re: Actual Useful Post

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:23:23 MST 2006

On 1/23/06, Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:
> Well, I've had a quick pop at the interesting bit of this task while
> travelling over the weekend: using the compiler module I can extract
> the docstrings and class hierachy of all the stuff in the Twisted
> source.  It's a touch fragile, but seems to work for all the
> constructions used by Twisted.
>
> One issue is classes that are defined in one file but generally used
> from another, for example twisted.spread.jelly.Serializable is often
> (always?) imported as twisted.spread.pb.Serializable.  Where should it
> be documented it?
>
> The boring bit of the task (for me, at least) is HTML generation.  I'd
> love some help with this :) I guess I should get on IRC and talk about
> what people actually want/need from these tools, but I'm at a PyPy
> sprint this week so I'm *slightly* busy...

Funny, I wrote a doc extractor over the weekend too ;-) It's currently
at 104 lines and sitting in sandbox/radix/extractdocs.py. Where's
yours?

As for HTML output, I'm thinking outputting to Effbot's new Pyref
format[1] would be really cool (and really easy), if he releases the
tools soon.

1: http://effbot.org//zone/pythondoc-lib.htm

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |