[Twisted-web] Re: Good ROM tool ?

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Tue Jan 17 23:39:51 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Arcangeli" <andrea at cpushare.com>
To: "Twisted Web World" <twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Twisted-web] Re: Good ROM tool ?

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:22:41PM +0100, Nicola Larosa wrote:
>> > To be honest I'd rather be plagued with termites rather than writing
>> > Cheetah
>> > templates. But this is just me.
>>
>> No, me too.
>
> As a matter of fact it's an order of magnitude faster in the rendering,
> it's more flexible, it follows the library approach (it doesn't force an
> API on you, it's always you calling Cheetah, not Cheetah calling in your
> code, very great bonus for flexibility and to be able to guarantee
> performance in hot paths), it's simpler to use too and it has a much
> larger userbase....

all of these are, quite possibly, valid arguments. with that said, i'd like
to suggest that we might benefit from positive discussion best going
forward. personally, i think there have been a few too many
$some-twisted-thing sucks posts here recently (i may have contributed one, i
think, due to a momentary lapse in judgement). while such discussions, if
they remain constructive, certainly have their place, if the overall balance
of positivity on a dev list is not maintained, things usually go downhill
fast in my experience. folks doing open source work need to keep themselves
motivated to work on their projects after a hard day on the job, for
example, and the overall tone might matter to some of them in that respect.

i do not presume to tell anyone what to do, mind you, just a suggestion from
my end.

-p