[Twisted-web] Re: Good ROM tool ?

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Tue Jan 17 23:19:18 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:22:41PM +0100, Nicola Larosa wrote:
> > To be honest I'd rather be plagued with termites rather than writing Cheetah
> > templates. But this is just me.
>
> No, me too.

As a matter of fact it's an order of magnitude faster in the rendering,
it's more flexible, it follows the library approach (it doesn't force an
API on you, it's always you calling Cheetah, not Cheetah calling in your
code, very great bonus for flexibility and to be able to guarantee
performance in hot paths), it's simpler to use too and it has a much
larger userbase. Only donwside is that porting nevow code to it takes
some time, and it doesn't understand deferreds, so one has to use
#block and render each piece separately as the deferred fires. But the
deferred bit could be improved by making a real integration. Or you can
defertothread the whole thing and use pgasync or other sync libs without
using deferreds at all (performance should be still similar to
mod_python even if you create one thread per connection).