[Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Tue Jan 17 10:34:25 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <glyph at divmod.com>
To: "Twisted Web World" <twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:03:49 -0500, Paul G <paul-lists at perforge.com>
> wrote:
>
>>however, from a business risk perspective, what happens if divmod goes
>>away?
>
> Man, this kind of FUD is so 1990s.  I thought about a lot of different
> ways to respond to this, but I think the best one is:
>
> "Good thing that Lucid is still in the Fortune 500 or all those LEmacs
> users would be *screwed*."

see, this is exactly what i didn't want to happen. i like
twisted/nevow/$project_in_twisted_ecosphere and appreciate the work done on
it. i didn't go writing what i did of my own volition, with no context, just
looking to stir up some trouble - i responded to a specific statement. i
believe that reasonable people can agree to disagree on holding reasonable
views. i don't see that my risk analysis, wrt my own situation, is
unreasonable. i certainly resent the implication that i've posted with an
ulterior goal of getting everybody to avoid $project. i should've just kept
my mout shut, because any statements on the topic are just begging to be
misconstrued.

-p