[Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Tue Jan 17 12:06:03 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 04:48:07PM +0000, Matt Goodall wrote:
> the community, of course) is that if an organisation goes down or just
> decides they don't want to support a product anymore then all is not lost.

This only works when the product has a critical mass of users, if the
world would be using nevow and atop, and nevow and atop were in the
twistedmatrix.com repository controlled by the community, it would be a
safer decision to depend on them. But if you're the only user of formless
(or atop) and you can't or don't want to maintain it yourself, you're
screwed. This is why I believe twisted.web2 and Cheetah are much safer
dependencies than nevow (and I hope this time I will have a chance for
my code to keep working for more than 1 year before getting deprecation
warnings that I already get with nevow for example).