[Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Tue Jan 17 10:02:18 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 03:01:28PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> Now I'm integrating twisted web2 with Cheetah (credit to Paul for
> pointing me at Cheetah) so I'm removing the too fragile nevow dependency
> (and Cheetah seems much faster too, or perhaps it's web2 dunno). It's a
> bit tricky to rewrite the code (i've to use explicit deferreds instead
> of the implcit ones in nevow) but it seems worth it and performance will
> be better anyway.

To be honest I'd rather be plagued with termites rather than writing Cheetah
templates. But this is just me.

From the performance point of view if speed is all you want pure stan is
faster than cheetah almost for sure. and by pure stan I mean no sequence
renderer for sequences but rather gen exps or list comprehensions and similar
things.

Of course IMHO this is not enough of a reason to avoid nevow. First of all
citing nevow as fragile is unfair. You said yourself that you haven't had to
change your code since version 0.3. And now you state that it's fragile.

The next time I'll just break the API so that people saying that Nevow is
fragile will be definately right.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.4