[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side (fragment) nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Fri Jan 13 15:06:59 MST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 01:35:47PM -0500, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> Epsilon specifically contains code to 'hot fix' certain critical issues in
> Twisted releases so we do not need to depend upon Twisted trunk, and can be
> more flexible about what's installed on a user's system.  Putting it into

This sounds wrong to me, instead of requiring the user to upgrade
twisted, you ask the user to use buggy twisted plus epsilon?

> responsibilities as separated as I can, which is a big challenge.  You are
> the first person who has suggested that I should intentionally confuse them
> and subvert Twisted for Divmod's commercial gain.  ;-)

I actually don't care about who gains what, I care about the code and
easy of checkout/use. svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com vs svn://divmod.org,
the former looked the .com one without knowing the details.

> however, what you suggest will almost certainly never happen.  The Divmod
> code just has a different set of requirements driving its development.

So that's fine with me. I only need twisted and nevow and I don't
appreciate unnecessary dependencies, especially if they're related in
any way with missing twisted bugfixes ;)