[Twisted-web] my first post, writing a Web interface to a PostgreSQL db

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 04:34:36 MDT 2005

I need to write a Web interface to a PostgreSQL database and I am
considering to use Twisted for that. So, I have a few questions.

First of all, I would like to know if there already something available
that I should look at. Second, I have a more specific question.

Suppose I have a large table with 1,000,000 records and a SELECT query
that returns 1000 results and takes 10 minutes.

I don't want my users to wait. I want to display the result of the
query as an HTML table of 50 rows. The user should click, wait
30 seconds, see the result, then click a 'next' button to see
the other 50 results, etc. In other words, I am looking for a lazy query
functionality.

Is that already available? If not, is it easy/difficult to implement?

Thanks for any suggestion,

        Michele Simionato