[Twisted-web] Forms in sub-page elements

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 16:21:22 MST 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:13:39 +1100, Christopher Armstrong
<radeex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, I'm pretty sure that if I have a Page with a parameterized
> body, and that body contains a form, that form won't work. For one,
> only Pages are remembered as IConfigurableFactory. I didn't really go
> beyond that in my debugging, but I guess that it's not the only
> problem; since form actions are an URL-child of the
> IConfigurableFactory page, then I guess it wouldn't know to delegate
> the form processing to that fragment.
>
> Does anyone have an idea about how to solve this problem? I'd like to
> save the several hours it'll probably take me to figure out a
> sufficient workaround.

I'm pretty sure dp said that it was handled anyway.

You just need to use webform.renderForms('some_name') in the fragment.

While in the parametrized page add a:

    def configurable_some_name(self, ctx):
        return fragment_instance

and put the typedinterface implementation in the fragment.

I can be wrong since I've yet to meet this problem in weever (I
haven't implemented forms yet... which is rather funny for an internet
forum :P)

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running Ubuntu Linux Hoary