[Twisted-web] Re: Nevow-0.4 suggestions

Sridhar R sridharinfinity at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:17:27 MST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:31:30 -0800, Donovan Preston <dp at ulaluma.com> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Sridhar R wrote:
>
> > And when is nevow-0.3.1? (0.3.1 with the above patch?)
>
> I'd probably rather just release nevow 0.4 with more changes. Sometime
> in the next month would be nice. Does anyone have suggestions for what
> 0.4 should have? The big thing I am planning is the use of
> zope.interfaces to get rid of all the deprecation warnings when you use
> Nevow with twisted SVN Head (and thus 2.0)

I have some suggestions.

1. The exception stack trace sent to HTTP client is more colorful and
verbose.  May be you could use javascript to make the code segments of
each trace point collapsable/expandable (I mean collapse to see only
that *line* in stack trace and expand to see the surrounding lines)

2. Allow for multple logins (guard) from same host (This would help in
testing Nevow applications which involves multiple accounts in the
same machine).  Well, actually I am quite biased, the only URL of my
app is http://localhost:8080 (though I have different rend.Page
classes derived from common one).  May be one could have
http://localhost:8080/user1 and http://localhost:8080/user1 and so on
for different users.  Even then (I have not tested it), I am not sure
whether guard allows such authorization (cookie mess?)

--
Sridhar R - http://cs.annauniv.edu/~rsridhar
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/~sridharinfinity