[Twisted-Python] Questions about Project Leadership committee

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jan 24 06:48:16 MST 2021

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 09:57, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2021, at 1:24 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 04:29, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>

>> On January 23, 2021 at 6:10:04 PM, Craig Rodrigues (
>> rodrigc at crodrigues.org) wrote:

>>> Thanks for the clarification.
>>> Have you recently contacted the 5 other committee members to confirm if
>>> they want to remain on the committee or not,
>>> and either received confirmation (or feedback timeout)?
>>>
>> Not recently although I’ve reached out several times in the past. I have
>> no plans to reach out again until someone has worked out with the SFC what
>> our options are and proposed a concrete plan.
>>
> I was in contact with SFC over IRC.
>
> The first thing that someone need to do is send a message to
> twisted at sfconservancy.org
>
> Only after no response is received in time (I don't know how long that
> is...maybe 3 weeks) we can contact SFC and they
> will allocate extra resources to help solve this issue.
>
> I have not sent a message to that list.
> For now, I don't plan to do it.
> I feel there is no consensus across the current active Twisted developers.
>
> I encourage anyone else who wants to do it, to send the message to
> twisted at sfconservancy.org
>
> Good luck
>

> Thanks for the update, Adi; I appreciate your taking the initiative on
> this.

OK. I am a liar :)
I have just sent an email to twisted at sfconservancy.org with what I think
can be done to activate the committee.
I added Glypt and Craig to CC.

Let me know if you are also interested in that private discussion.

> If we want to have a private deliberation among committers about next
> steps, I believe
> https://github.com/orgs/twisted/teams/twisted-contributors/discussions makes
> it possible to do that, so that might be a tool to use.

I have created this team private  thread on GitHub

https://github.com/orgs/twisted/teams/twisted-contributors/discussions/1

> (To be clear, I think any conclusions from this discussions need to be
> made public and transparent, but for reasons previously mentioned in this
> conversation, we may want to be able to share ideas less publicly before we
> pick one to avoid muddling things like future bidding on work.)

I will try to follow up if I get something.
I have also asked the committee to come back with a conclusion over the
mailing list.

Glyphs, I understand you very well in regard to the conflict to interest.
And you are right. Nothing personal.

It's just a personal frustration that we need to make extra effort, when we
don't have much time and energy for code reviews.

--
Adi Roiban