[Twisted-Python] Twisted 21.2.0rc1 Release Candidate Announcement

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Thu Feb 25 20:03:18 MST 2021

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:30 AM Richard van der Hoff <richard at matrix.org>
wrote:

> As it happens, it also fails (for an import of typing.Deque) on Python
> 3.5.3, as used by Debian oldstable.
>
> Craig, what is your intention here? I think it's ok to drop support for
> these ancient versions of Python 3.5, but please could you make sure that
> python_requires gets set to 3.5.10 if that's what's been tested against?

Sigh.  I can confirm that typing.Deque does not import on Python 3.5.2.

I took an inventory of our CI, and realized that the minimum version we are
testing is *3.5.4* on Azure.

Can you review this which bumps the minimum version to Python 3.5.4:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1525

Once I get that in, I will cherry pick it to the release branch and push
out the 21.2.0 release.

--
Craig