[Twisted-Python] Twisted 21.2.0rc1 Release Candidate Announcement

Richard van der Hoff richard at matrix.org
Mon Feb 22 06:24:24 MST 2021

On 21/02/2021 01:36, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> Awww, this is unfortunate.
> It looks like our CI on GitHub Actions is testing *Python 3.5.10*.
>
> Over the past year, we have added a lot of type annotations to the
> codebase, and it has
> been a struggle to still keep things working with Python 3.5, but
> looks like between Python 3.5.2 and 3.5.10
> there were changes to Python in this area.

As it happens, it also fails (for an import of typing.Deque) on Python
3.5.3, as used by Debian oldstable.

Craig, what is your intention here? I think it's ok to drop support for
these ancient versions of Python 3.5, but please could you make sure
that python_requires gets set to 3.5.10 if that's what's been tested
against?