[Twisted-Python] Moving iocpsupport to an external package? Implications on Windows?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Wed Feb 10 01:40:35 MST 2021

Looking at this PR:

https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1446

I see that iocpsupport was moved to a separate package, in order
to make building wheels on Windows easier.

Before this patch, I was prototyping building binary wheels on Windows
of Twisted core, and I had it working.

It looks like this code has now moved to:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted-iocpsupport

How will this patch change for people installing Twisted on Windows?

Twisted is still used by a lot of users on Windows, and the IOCP Reactor is
still used on this platform.

--
Craig