[Twisted-Python] Upcoming Twisted Release

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sat Dec 26 16:49:39 MST 2020

Hi,

I plan to act as a release manager for the next release and follow the plan
documented at

https://docs.twistedmatrix.com/en/latest/core/development/policy/release-process.html

---------

The plan is to push the release candidate only on PyPI and to host the
release candidate documentation (including pydoctor generated API docs)
only on Read the Docs site.

The Twisted Wiki Download page was updated to inform that PyPI is the only
server where we publish the latest versions.
So release candidates and final releases will be pushed only to PyPI.
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads

While the release candidate documentation in only published on Read The
Docs,
at least for the next release I plan to also publish the documentation to:

* https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/
* https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/VERSION/

After the release we can see if we can redirect them to Read The Docs.

----------------

For now, the only release blocker are the missing intersphinx API links on
Read The Docs between the narrative docs and apidocs, but that is on track
to be solved by next week.

So no other tickets are in the blocker queue:
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/report/26

------

Do you know any other release blocker issues?

Since we have good continuous testing, maybe we can stop doing release
candidates.

The only thing blocking a release would be a "release blocket" ticket and
truck CI checks not being green.

Cheers
--
Adi Roiban