[Twisted-Python] stop/start client connections with loseConnection in ReconnectingClientFactory

Chris Withers chris at withers.org
Tue Mar 26 01:14:18 MDT 2019

On 24/03/2019 04:30, Glyph wrote:
> I'd further note that ClientService is /generally/ the new, good way to
> do things and ReconnectingClientFactory is the old, bad way.  Our hope
> is to eventually deprecate ReconnectingClientFactory and most of the
> APIs that it uses, but this is a big project that we have not been able
> to make much progress on in the last, ahem, decade or so.

What's the big advantage(s) of ClientService over
ReconnectingClientFactory?

The Autobahn guys still show ReconnectingClientFactory in their docs,
and I remember looking at this before and ending up going with
ReconnectingClientFactory because it works and didn't look like it'd
need much effort to integrated into an existing code base.

cheers,

Chris