[Twisted-Python] The Python 2.7 Plan

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Dec 11 14:16:40 MST 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 4:06 PM Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez at wsanchez.net>
wrote:

>   With Python 2.7 support dropping in a matter of weeks, I'd like to pick
> up from hawkowl's thread back in March about Python 2.7 support for Twisted.

Despite the widely circulated January 1 2020 date, it seems that python-dev
nevertheless plans to make a Python 2.7 release in April 2020 -
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0373/

This is not to say the questions here don't need answering or that there
isn't some urgency at this point, but it seems like the January 1 date is
essentially an arbitrary deadline without a clear connection to the support
status of CPython 2.7.

Or does anyone know a different way to reconcile these apparently
conflicting dates?

Jean-Paul