[Twisted-Python] twistd script python path

jonathan vanasco twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Wed Mar 28 13:56:05 MDT 2018

> On Mar 27, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to debug a memory leak in a twisted application and I’d like to use tracemalloc. Unfortunately, the application hasn’t been updated to python 3 so I have to patch python 2.7. Here’s my problem: After downloading and compiling python in /usr/local, I tried running my twisted application with the twistd in /usr/local, but it uses the python in /usr/bin. My question: How do I get twistd to use the python in /usr/local?

for this sort of stuff I just use a virtualenv created with an explicit python:

something like this:

	iPood:~ jonathan$ virtualenv —python=/usr/local/python issue-debug-venv
	iPood:~ jonathan$ source issue-debug-venv/bin/activate
	(issue-debug-venv) iPoodd:~ jonathan$ pip install {{twisted version}}

that should install a twistd into `issue-debug-venv/bin` which uses the specified virtualenv.