[Twisted-Python] Minor fixes in the “Customizing twistd logging” section

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Mar 13 22:24:32 MDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Роман Мещеряков <
romanmescheryakov at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Exception occurred:
>   File "conf.py", line 45, in <module>
>     from twisted import version as twisted_version_object
> ImportError: No module named twisted

Looks like Twisted needs to be installed in order to build the docs.

I would suggest using a virtualenv for everything, and installing Twisted
from your checkout into it in it.

python -m virtualenv my_venv   # Python 2

or

python3 -m venv my_venv         # Python 3

source my_venv/bin/activate
#
git clone https://github.com/<yourusername>/twisted.git Twisted
cd Twisted
python setup.py develop    # this installs Twisted in your virtual env
git remote add upstream https://github.com/twisted/twisted.git
git fetch upstream
git branch -u upstream/trunk trunk
#