[Twisted-Python] (no subject)

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jun 6 21:26:08 MDT 2017

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 8:18 PM, Hynek Schlawack <hs at ox.cx> wrote:
>
> Hi Justin,
>
>> How can I help you with Twisted?  How can you help me move over the cusp into active, useful contribution?
>
> Have you seen <https://www.mail-archive.com/twisted-python@twistedmatrix.com/msg12468.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/twisted-python@twistedmatrix.com/msg12468.html>>?

OK, let's assume you've read this (have you read it? no? read it.) and that you're looking for a more specific starter task rather than the "code reviews" / "python 3" stuff which is a bit broader:

We really need to get off of the legacy logging system (twisted.python.log) and move onto the new hotness (twisted.logger).  There is implementation work to be done within the Logger system (and thanks to Wilfredo for doing the bulk of that!) but that work is only useful if all of Twisted is consistently emitting structured messages using that system.

So if you could find something that's calling 'log.msg("foo %s" % (bar,))' and make it do 'self._log.info("foo {bar}", bar=bar)', that could move the needle on Twisted's operability, and it should hopefully be easy to do.

Thanks for your interest!

-glyph