[Twisted-Python] Twisted 17.5.0rc2 RC Announcement

Amber Hawkie Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sat Jun 3 20:26:52 MDT 2017

> On 30 May 2017, at 05:27, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 26, 2017, at 4:38 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:exarkun at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Some of the txkube problems have been resolved but either not entirely or some new ones have been introduced.  Attached is a log of the failures from the unit test suite.  I haven't investigated these new errors in depth yet so I won't say whether these are txkube's fault or Twisted's fault... but at least something is at fault.
>
> I do think we need to block the final release until we at least know where the responsibility lies for these tracebacks :-\.  These all still pass on 16.6.0 I presume?

I investigated them, they're all due to Agent changes -- how they don't use connectSSL anymore, and instead use a wrapped TCP port, and how Agent now uses HostnameEndpoint's GAI resolving. I put up some fixes (although not up to spec for merge) here for JP: https://github.com/LeastAuthority/txkube/pull/135 <https://github.com/LeastAuthority/txkube/pull/135>

I would put these down to an issue in txkube, even if it's not txkube's fault, it's just that Twisted does things differently (and in the case of not using connectSSL, imo better :) ).

- Amber