[Twisted-Python] Twisted and Flask or Django

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 16 13:33:27 MDT 2017

> On Apr 16, 2017, at 8:27 AM, Pantelis Theodosiou <ypercube at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you, this looks very interesting.
>
> As I was planning to ask a relevant question, let me add it here:
>
> Are there any similar resources for other web frameworks, for example Pyramid? And when I say resources, I mean talks, presentations or just a web page with example code.

"Hendrix" is a tool for running various frameworks under Twisted; I'm pretty sure Pyramid is one of them (although I don't have a direct link to pyramid-specific docs handy):

https://hendrix.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ <https://hendrix.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>

For the most part, general WSGI documentation should get you most of the way there with specific frameworks though.  This used to be a lot worse but in recent years there's been a lot of convergence.

> I think it would be helpful to have a page in the Twisted site, with links to such resources - and perhaps a page for each (Django, Flask, Pyramid, etc) with sample code and specific issues/tips than have been encountered when combining Twisted with other frameworks.

The Twisted site is a wiki, and if you are interested in curating such a page, I'm happy to give you the relevant edit permissions.