[Twisted-Python] Coverage exceptions

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jul 3 02:08:30 MDT 2016

Hi,

What decision should be made based on the feedback sent so far?

Should we disabled the codecov coverage enforcement for 100% coverage for a
patch as it also blocks missing coverage in a test?

If we want to enforce only implementation code, then we need to update the
tests to send separate reports for implementation and testing... and this
is not done yet.

Disabling/Enabling codecov.io merge protection is done here
https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/issues/213

--------

I would argue that testing code should have the same quality standards as
the implementation code and hence also go for 100% coverage.

It will help detect code which is never executed and which later might get
out of sync or might break. This include mocked code which is out of sync
or tests which are skipped on all builders and which will get out of sync
and fail (ex our apidoc builder tests).

It will also simplify the reporting infrastructure ... and we are
already short-handed so a simple infrastructure should help move things
forward much faster.

--
Adi