[Twisted-Python] A little present for emacs / flycheck users

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Feb 9 12:17:56 MST 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 11:12 PM, Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi at mithrandi.net> wrote:
>
> You may find this to be of use:
>
> https://gist.github.com/mithrandi/15fca4367e878b6b88cd <https://gist.github.com/mithrandi/15fca4367e878b6b88cd>
>
> Is there somewhere I should be submitting this as a PR or something? (I guess I could release the checker as an emacs package, it's somewhat specific though)

The right place, I think, would be to submit a PR to MELPA, with a new package under the name 'flymake-python-twisted':

https://github.com/melpa/melpa/search?utf8=✓&q=flymake&type=Code

This would be super useful for working on Tubes - https://github.com/twisted/tubes - because it's at zero twistedchecker warnings.  But I haven't turned on something like this for working on Twisted because it would drive me bananas to see errors in every file that were not actually relevant to what I was working on.  Is there any way to persist a twistedchecker run from current trunk and compare against that?  I know twistedchecker has an option but it never seems to work right for me.

-glyph