[Twisted-Python] Twisted formatting checking in Emacs?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jun 12 14:05:44 MDT 2015

> On Jun 12, 2015, at 2:21 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 at 09:57 Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net <mailto:jml at mumak.net>> wrote:
> How can I set up Emacs so it gives me inline warnings of Twisted coding standard violations?
>
> I use flycheck <http://www.flycheck.org/> in Emacs for most projects, and rely a lot on it. How can I configure it to use twistedchecker <https://github.com/twisted/twistedchecker> for syntax checks for Twisted instead of its default flake8 & pylint checkers?
>

> I have also posted this question to Stack Exchange <http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/13109/how-can-i-use-a-custom-python-linter-for-a-specific-project-with-flycheck>.

If you sort this out nicely, please share :).  One problem I've had with setting up automatic flymake checking in Twisted is that I cannot figure out how to get it to show me deltas from trunk.  Branches with gigantic unrelated cleanups in them are hard to review, and I don't want my editor yelling at me about changes that aren't in my additions or changes.  (Except when I'm working on a branch whose _goal_ is cleanups, in which case I do).

However, buildbot does this somehow, so it must be possible :).

-glyph