[Twisted-Python] Porting twisted.spread.banana to py3

Jørn Lomax northlomax at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:33:58 MDT 2015

I'm a gsoc student working on the buildbot project, porting it to py3.
Part of this is looking at porting the dependencies buildbot has in
twisted and try to port them.

twisted.spread is the most used twisted dependency, so I have started
working on this. I started working on banana.py and I have encountered a
question. In dataRecieved (banana.py:174). A chunk is added to the
buffer. On python3, how should the distinction be made between string
and bytes. Buffer seems to be a string, the chunk seems to be bytes, and
sometimes opposite.

Any help would be appreciated

regards,
Jørn Lomax