[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jan 17 13:39:43 MST 2015

On 05:00 pm, tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de wrote:

>> >Codespeed runs the benchmark, and they print out this stuff:
>> >https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~twisted-dev/twisted-
>> >benchmarks/trunk/view/head:/benchlib.py#L12
>> >
>> >POSTing them via JSON would be nicer, structured data is great.
>>
>>Nothing parses that output.  It's just for humans.
>>
>>The code you're looking for is:
>>
>>   https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~twisted-dev/twisted-
>>benchmarks/trunk/view/head:/speedcenter.py
>>
>>which POSTs structured data (though urlencoded, not JSON) to the
>>codespeed server.
>
>I see. And codespeed parsest that, stores it in a database and produces
>graphics?
>
>It seems, reporting the results via a WAMP RPC to a backend should be
>quite easy to add in speedcenter.py

WAMP?  I don't think so.  I understand you work in that space a lot but
I think you might want to take a step back.  The extra complexity of
WebSockets is pointless for this project.  Just HTTP POST some JSON.
This can be really simple.  Your time is almost certainly better spent
elsewhere.

Jean-Paul